Thursday, October 30, 2008

a week of firsts

Both boys got to do some things for the first time this week:

We had our first snow of the season and first snow ever for Liam! We were surprised to wake up to snow on Wednesday morning. At times it came down pretty heavy with huge flakes. Needless to say, it was a very exciting morning. And of course, Liam watched from the warmth of inside.We voted ! This wasn't a first for Miles as he did go with me to vote in the primaries. But hey, this election is a big deal and they were part of it! They even got stickers. I went with Crystal and her two boys. We must have been a sight coming in from the snow with our double strollers.
I bet most of you can guess who we're voting for based on my last post.......We carved our first pumpkin! Well we did last year, but I don't think Miles was a part of it. He didn't want ANY part of sticking his hands in the pumpkin to pull out the guts (surprise, surprise) and he made sure we didn't make a scary face! So we have a goofy, but happy one-toothed jack-o-lantern. We joined a "play and learn" class. It was hectic with both boys, but fun. I couldn't believe Miles sat there on the rug like he was supposed to during song time, a puppet show, and a craft! I'm thankful and hopeful that this means we can do more things like this.We painted pumpkins! Crystal and I were brave and let the boys have at it. They had as much fun painting themselves as the pumpkins. Luckily crayola kid's paint is a breeze to cleanup:)Whew, and there's still Halloween tomorrow! I think my homemade ant costume might actually turn out decent. It's what Miles really wanted to be and he is excited about it, so I guess that's all that matters. Liam will wear a cute pumpkin outfit that Aunt Rachel gave us when Miles was a baby. More pictures to come soon.......

1 comment:

Crystal Johnson said...

Oh, we have so much fun celebrating 1sts with you guys!